Creative Ways to Give
What are some ways that I can give?
Sacrifice: Giving up something you love to get something you love even more.
What is there of value that I will give up so that I can invest in something of greater value?
After careful prayer and consideration, trust God to replace what you have sacrificially given or enable you to live without it.
- Adjust your budget – add income, reduce expenses, reduce spending.
- Save a designated amount each week or month.
- Do I have rental property or interest bearing accounts generating income that I could give?
- Do I have any talents that can provide marketable services?
- Can I use my time to create value and increase income? If I bill services, can I open up more time over the next three years to add income?
Decrease: (Think of creative ways to save money.)
- Get a new quote on an existing service.
- Do extra comparison or bargain shopping to save funds.
- Decrease a weekly expense. Maybe fewer coffee runs or one less dinner out each week.
- It could be as easy as saving extra change to give.
Donate: (A great way to give is to give existing assets.)
- Giving your assets to Crossroads and letting us sell them eliminates potential capital gains taxes and may increase after-tax proceeds. Please contact the church office for more guidance before committing an asset gift in order to determine its viability for liquidation.
Sell an asset: (Sell a possession and give the proceeds.)
- RV’s, boats, cars, snowmobiles
- Real estate – land or second home
- Jewelry and collectibles
- Excess stuff
Delay or change your plans: (Prayerfully ask God about delaying plans and using the savings to contribute.)
- Take a lesser vacation
- Wait to buy a different car or home
- Defer retirement
- Put off a remodeling project
Draw from savings: (Give of your savings as God blesses you.)
- IRS Refunds
- Stocks or Bonds
- Excess College funds